7 Most Exciting Road Trip Near Delhi
Being the capital city of India, Delhi is a place where modernity mingles with contemporary culture. Living in and around this metropolitan city gives Delhiites enormous options to travel and especially for those who want to escape the madness of city life. We have listed some amazing road trips around Delhi where you can visit with your closed ones or even solo.Being the capital city of India, Delhi is a place where modernity mingles with contemporary culture. Living in and around this metropolitan city gives Delhiites enormous options to travel and especially for those who want to escape the madness of city life. We have listed some amazing road trips around Delhi where you can visit with your closed ones or even solo.
Here are 7 exciting road trips from Delhi you just can’t miss:
1. Mukteshwar – Situated relatively nearest to Delhi, Mukteshwar derive its name from Lord Shiva. The drive from Kathgodam to Mukteshwar is very scenic with captivating views of verdant valleys. Nestled in the Nainital district, Mukteshwar is known for adventure sports and breathtaking view of Nanda Devi Peak. this hill retreat of Uttarakhand is adorned with vividly colored trees and beautiful fruit orchards. Mukteshwar is a great option for an exciting road trip from Delhi.
2. Mcleodganj – Popularly known as the home to His Holiness Dalai Lama, Mcleodganj is a picturesque hill station in Himachal Pradesh. Situated in Dharamsala, this place is highly influenced by Tibetan community. The hill retreat was named after Sir Donald Friell McLeod, a Lieutenant Governor of Punjab and thus a little British effect can also bee seen here. Mcleodganj is the starting point for various adventurous trekking trails and camping expeditions in Himalayas such as Triund, Kareri Lake, etc.
3. Bhangarh – Do you love watching horror movies and TV shows? The spooky havelis and forts shown in that can be experienced in real at Bhangarh. Bhangarh is a small village famous for its historical Bhangarh Fort and regarded as the most haunted place in India. The Archaeological Survey of India has banned the entry into the ruined-haunted fort after Dark. Plan a thrilling road trip from Delhi to Bhangarh with your friends.
4. Barog – Situated in the beautiful Solan district, Barog is a small hill station in Himachal Pradesh. This little but peaceful place is gaining popularity due to its closeness from Delhi. Nestled in the lap of Shivalik Himalayas, Barog is a perfect option for road trip from Delhi with your someone special in utmost tranquility.
5. Kanatal – Situated on the Chamba-Mussoorie highway, Kanatal is a less travelled and offbeat destination in Uttarakhand which offers peace. A series of narrow and serpentine roads surrounded by beautiful deodar, pine and rhododendron trees leads you to this little hamlet. If you’re a wildlife and photography lover head to the nearby Rani Chauri Forest. Choose Kanatal for an unforgettable road trip from Delhi.
6. Vrindavan – Vrindavan is a place that is popularly known for its association with the blue God i.e. Lord Krishna. It is a holy place in Uttar Pradesh, situated on the banks of Yamuna River. Among several temples, the beauty and divinity at Bankey Bihari Temple in Vrindavan can be described in words. Plan a small road trip from Delhi to the holy place where Lord Krishna grew up.
7. Amer – Located in Jaipur, Amer showcases the magnificent of Rajput culture mainly through the Amer fort (Amber Fort). This heritage structure is a perfect blend of Rajput, Hindu and a bit of Muslim style as well. Regarded as UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Amer Palace is nearly seven centuries old. Experience the rich heritage of Rajasthan by planning a road trip from Delhi.
Looking for some more weekend getaways? Checkout the budgeted trips offered by Hippy Traveller.